The theme of Cumulus Hong Kong 2016 is 'Open Design for E-very-thing — exploring new design purposes' and will be hosted by Hong Kong Design Institute, a member of Vocational Training Council of Hong Kong. Cumulus Hong Kong 2016 seeks to explore this openness of design, namely the opening up of design process and design for openness. Six different tracks are also set to explore the new purposes of design.
Designers, design researchers, design students and citizens are all to be a part of a series of events concerned on open design, a new design practice:
- International Design Conference on Open Design
- Round Table Cumulus Working Group Meetings on Open Design
- Design Movie Festival to celebrate Open Design
- Design exhibition to showcase Open Design
- Open Design tours to explore Hong Kong design scenes